- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz can basil, oregano, garlic diced tomatoes
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Dash of black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Pour in vegetable broth.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Adjust seasoning to taste (try to stay away from salt).
Nutritional Info: If you divide this recipe by 4, it is only 141 calories.