- ¼ oz. active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (100-110°F)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3-3¼ cups whole wheat flour,divided use
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup all-natural marinara sauce
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts, drained, sliced
- ¼ medium onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 medium black olives, cut in half
- 4 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place yeast, water, and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until yeast become foamy.
- Combine 3 cups flour and salt in a small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to yeast mixture. Mix with clean hands until mixture does not stick to your hands. Add additional flour if needed. Roll dough into a ball. Brush with ½ tsp. oil. Place in a bowl; cover with a towel. Let rise for 2 hours.
- Punch down dough to remove air; knead and roll into a ball. Brush with ½ tsp. oil. Place in a bowl; cover with a towel. Let rise for an additional 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll dough until it will no longer stretch. Let rest for 5 minutes. Continue to roll until it reaches your desired diameter, about 10 to 12-inches, and about ½-inch thick. Place on baking pan lightly coated with spray.
- Brush with remaining 1 tsp. oil.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce over dough. Season with oregano, Italian seasoning, pepper, red pepper, and garlic powder.
- Top with artichokes, onion, mushrooms, and olives.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is brown.
(per serving, 1/8 recipe)
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
- Sodium: 359 mg
- Carbohydrate: 37 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 10 g