For the Crab Cakes:
- 9 ounces lump crab meat, picked free of shells
- 1/2 cup (about 13) reduced fat Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
For the Zesty Chipotle Lime Sauce:
- 1 tbsp roasted peppers (jarred)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
Red Pepper Chipotle Lime Sauce:
In a small blender (or magic bullet) puree mayonnaise, lime juice, roasted pepper and chipotle pepper.
In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers, eggs, scallions, pepper, mayo, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well, then fold in crab meat, careful not to over mix so the crab remains in large chunks. Gently shape into patties using a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
Chill in the refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before baking.
Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Bake about 8-10 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
Drizzle red pepper chipotle lime sauce over crab cakes and serve.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 cake
Calories: 173.6 • Fat: 8.8g • Protein: 13.1 g • Carb: 11.7 g • Fiber: 1.3 g