- 1 and ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of Vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 cup of organic sugar (evaporated cane juice)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups of softened organic butter
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1 and ¾ cups of quick oats
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
In a large mixing bowl, combine; flour, protein powder, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon until mixed well. In a separate mixing bowl, combine butter, egg, and vanilla extract until incorporated. Mix together wet and dry mixtures, then stir in mashed bananas, quick oats, and walnuts until just combined.
Grease a large baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Drop the batter onto the baking sheet by the spoonful (approximately a tablespoonful), leaving about an inch of space between drops. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 to 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and allow them to cool on a cold surface or on a wire rack.