Skip to Content
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small beets, peeled, chopped
- 1 cups low-sodium organic vegetable ( or chicken) broth
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic and beets; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook at a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until beets are tender.
- Place soup in a blender or food processor, cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into a serving bowl; top with 1Tbsp. yogurt.
Recipe Card powered by