- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 8 oz. asparagus tips (1-inch pieces) (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms release liquid and onion begins to soften.
- Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until rice is coated.
- Slowly add broth and nutmeg. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low, gently boil, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add asparagus; cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese; mix well.
- Garnish generously with parsley.
(per serving, 1/6 recipe, 3/4 cup)
- Calories: 185
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- Sodium: 46 mg
- Carbohydrate: 70 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Protein: 8 g