- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5½ cups low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, stem discarded, divided use
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 6 tsp. nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, or until tender.
- Add squash, broth, and red pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until squash is soft. Remove from heat.
- Place soup in a blender or food processor, in 4 or more batches, if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
- Return soup to sauce pan over medium heat. Add 1 tsp. thyme; cook, stirring constantly, until soup is hot.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Ladle soup into 6 serving bowls. Garnish each with 1 tsp. yogurt, and sprinkle all with remaining 2 tsp. thyme.
(per serving, 1/6 recipe)
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Sodium: 186mg
- Carbs: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 2g