- 1/4 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder, or more to taste
- Dash salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 cup canned tomato sauce with Italian seasonings
- 1/8 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- One 4-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Optional seasoning: black pepper
In a blender or food processor, grind cereal into crumbs. Transfer to a wide bowl and mix in Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce with the remaining 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and remaining 1/4 tsp. onion powder.
Place egg substitute in another wide bowl. coat cutlet with egg, shake to remove excess, and coat with crumbs.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Lay coated cutlet in the skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
Evenly spread sauce over chicken cutlet, still in the skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Cook until cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Enjoy!
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 684 mg
- Carbs: 16.5 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 38.55 g