- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 6-cup muffin pan (or 6 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan) with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In another large bowl, whisk all other ingredients except chocolate chips. Add the flour mixture and stir until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
Evenly distribute batter among the 6 lined or sprayed cups of the muffin pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 22 minutes. Enjoy!
(per serving, 1/6 recipe)