- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry whole wheat couscous
- 1 1/4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves (or ½ cup quartered tomatoes)
- 3 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. chopped Italian parsley
- Sea salt (to taste; optional)
- Cracked black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Bring water to boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add couscous. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 3 minutes, or until the couscous is fluffy and water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Combine couscous, 3 tsp. oil, and lemon juice in a medium serving bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms release liquid. Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, mint, and parsley to couscous; toss gently to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.