- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tbsp. medium carrot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. green beans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup dry whole wheat couscous
- 1 Tbsp. canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. mango, chopped
- 1 tsp. raisins
- 1 tsp. sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped, reconstituted in hot water for 10 minutes, drained
- Fresh cilantro (or mint or Italian parsley) (for garnish; optional)
- Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place carrot in steamer basket; cook for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Add green beans and bell pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add couscous, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add carrot mixture, chickpeas, mango, raisins, and sun-dried tomatoes to couscous; mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 29 mg
- Carbs: 53 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 5 g
- Protein: 8 g