- 16 asparagus stalks, tough ends removed
- 1 tablespoon heart-healthy butter blend
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces crab meat, drained and picked over
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, greens reserved for garnish
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Microwave the asparagus for one minute.
Transfer to a cutting board and cut off the top 3 inches, then chop the remaining stalks into 1/2-inch pieces.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. When the butter begins to foam, stir in the flour and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in the milk, then continue whisking until the mixture starts to bubble.
Reduce heat to low, then stir in the nutmeg and cheese. Add the crab meat, chopped asparagus stalks, white parts of the scallions, and lemon juice. Remove from heat.
To assemble the crepes, lay each one flat on a cutting board.
Spoon two tablespoons of filling along the bottom third of each crepe. Roll up each crepe and place in an oven-proof dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the reserved asparagus tips among the crepes, then pour the remaining sauce over the top. Bake for 10 minutes, until the sauce, is bubbly. Garnish with the green part of scallions and serve immediately
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings, 1 crepe per serving.