- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consomme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked rice
- Place beef in a crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
- Serve over hot cooked rice.