- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can cannellini (white) beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, pinto beans, cannellini beans, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and salt. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
(per serving, 1 cup or 1/6 recipe)
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Carbohydrate: 38 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g