- 8 large egg whites (1 cup)
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped (reserve 1 for garnish)
- ½ medium tomato, chopped (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese (¾ oz.)
- Combine egg whites with pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, green onion, and tomato; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Remove from skillet.
- Place eggs in skillet; cook over medium-low heat. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost set, add mushroom mixture and cheese; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Gently fold in half.
- Garnish with green onion and tomato.
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg
- Sodium: 579 mg
- Carbohydrate: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Protein: 36 g