- 1 cup broccoflower
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Himalayan salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook the broccoflower florets in a large pot of salted water until they are very soft. Drain and reserve some of the cooking liquid. Pulse in a processor until almost pureed, adding cooking liquid if needed. Set aside.
- Cook the broccoli florets in salted water until very soft. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a blender or processor and process until pureed. Add enough cooking liquid, as needed, for smoothness and liquidity.
- Combine the two purees. Warm them over low heat in large saute pan with stock and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta until tender. Toss with broccoli sauce. Top each portion with toasted pine nuts, a grinding of black pepper and grated pecorino cheese.