- 1 Tbsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Dissolve coffee in water; mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Place batter in a medium bowl. Add coffee and chocolate chips; mix until blended.
- Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
(per serving, 1/12 recipe, 1 cupcake)
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
- Sodium: 179 mg
- Carbohydrate: 20 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 12 g
- Protein: 4 g