- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1½ lbs. medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced basil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped lemon peel
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add broth; boil gently, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add basil and lemon peel; mix well.
(per serving, 1/6 recipe, 1 cup)
- Calories: 62
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 218 mg
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 1 g