- 5 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 4 fresh Italian parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 Tbsp. sliced raw almonds
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut each zucchini into lengthwise strips about 1/8-inch thick. Turn each zucchini slightly after cutting each strip to work evenly around the outside, stopping when you hit the seeds at the core. Discard cores. Cut slices lengthwise into 1/2-inch ribbons. Set aside.
- Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
- Add pesto; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add parsley and basil; toss gently until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide zucchini among 4 plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
- Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. almonds.
Tip: Zucchini can also be sliced on a mandolin; adjust to a very thin slice.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
|247||15 g||2 g||92 mg||485 mg||13 g||4 g||7 g||18 g|