- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups rolled wheat flakes (or barley flakes)
- ¼ cup unsweetened frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup slivered raw almonds (or chopped walnuts or chopped pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
- Combine oats and wheat flakes in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add juice concentrate and maple syrup; toss gently to blend, taking care not to crush flakes.
- Spread mixture over baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F. and cook for an additional 15 to 30 minutes, or until dry but not dark.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Add raisins and almonds; mix well.
(per serving, 1/13 recipe 1/2 cup)
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 47 mg
- Carbohydrate: 30 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 10 g
- Protein: 5 g