- 1 cups sliced bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cups sliced onion
- 2-oz. pineapple chunks packed in juice (not drained)
- 5 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/4 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. chopped ginger
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
Add veggies and pineapple (including juice) to a crock pot. Season chicken with salt and black pepper, and add to the crock pot.
In a small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except cornstarch. Add mixture to crockpot, and stir to coat.
Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
Transfer about 1/4 cup of the liquid from the crock pot into a small bowl. Once it cools slightly (after about 1 minute), add cornstarch, and stir to dissolve. Stir mixture into the liquid in the crock pot. Stirring occasionally, cook uncovered until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 655 mg
- Carbs: 31 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 17.5 g
- Protein: 35.5 g