- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup matzo meal
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. club soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless, shredded, warm
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Combine eggs, matzo, butter, club soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; gently boil.
- Roll matzo mixture into 2 Tbsp. sized balls.
- Add matzo balls to broth; gently boil, covered, for 20 min. Do not remove lid while cooking.
- Evenly divide chicken between eight serving bowls. Top evenly with matzo balls, broth, pepper, and dill. Serve immediately.
(per serving, 1/8 recipe)
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 129 mg
- Sodium: 419 mg
- Carbs: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 24 g