- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. sliced mushrooms
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, stems discarded
- 3 cups low-sodium organic chicken (or turkey or vegetable) broth
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot
- ¼ cup cold water
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add mushrooms; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add thyme and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook at a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Combine arrowroot and water in a small bowl; whisk until arrowroot is dissolved.
- Add to mushroom mixture; gently boil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until gravy thickens.
(per serving, 1/10 recipe, 3 Tbsp.)
- Calories: 64
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 27 mg
- Carbohydrate: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g