- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (use yellow curry powder for milder or red for spicier)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 white onion, cut into strips
- 1 can lite or regular coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed and cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or honey
In a large pan over medium-low heat, sauté the onion and bell pepper in olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring every so often until onions are softened and translucent, for about 10 minutes.
Add the spices and chicken pieces, and cook for about 3 minutes, until spices are fragrant and the chicken is a bit golden on the outside.
Add the coconut milk and sweetener, stir, increase heat to high and bring almost to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Serve over brown rice.
(Per serving, 1/6 recipe, served over 1 cup of brown rice)
- 338 calories
- 13 g protein
- 2 g fat
- 52 g carbohydrates
- 5 g fibre