- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into thin slices
- 2/3 cup raw clams (about 6 oz.)
- ¼ tsp. saffron threads, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. hot paprika
- 3¼ cups low-sodium organic chicken broth, divided use
- 1½ cups dry medium-grain brown rice
- 6 oz. raw large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted, cut in half (about 15 olives)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add chicken and clams; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add saffron, paprika, 3 cups broth, and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, covered, for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is almost tender.
- Add shrimp, remaining ¼ cup broth, and olives; cook, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
(per serving, 1/6 recipe, 3/4 cup)
- Calories: 323
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Sodium: 461mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 42g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 22g