- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato, peeled and diced
- 2 oz. whole wheat pasta, dry
- 6 oz. medium raw shrimp, deveined
- 2 Tbsp. basil leaves, chopped
Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Meanwhile, sauté olive oil and garlic in a large pan for several minutes until garlic is lightly browned. Add chicken broth and tomatoes to garlic and oil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender. Cook the pasta according to the directions on its package, then drain. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are opaque. Add basil and toss shrimp mixture with drained pasta.