- 1 16-oz. package pizza dough (room temperature)
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup sliced low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole basil leaves
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. On a nonstick pizza pan, stretch the dough to form the pizza crust, drizzle two teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil on it, and spread the oil with a pastry brush to the edges. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a quarter-inch border. Layer with mozzarella and tomatoes. Rip leaves of basil and sprinkle on top. Serves 6.
Bake pizza for 15 to 18 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.