- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup steel-cut oats (or old-fashioned rolled oats)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add oats; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and pecans; mix well.
- Divide evenly between two serving bowls; top each with maple syrup and ¼ cup almond milk.
Tip: When using old-fashioned rolled oats, reduce cooking time to 5 to 7 minutes.
(per serving, ½ recipe)
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 52 mg
- Carbohydrate: 37 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Protein: 7 g