- 1/8 cup whole-wheat flour
- 5 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into nuggets
- 1/8 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/8 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free pancake syrup
- 1 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/4 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
- Optional seasoning: red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Place flour in a wide bowl.
Place chicken in a large bowl, top with egg substitute, and toss to coat.
One at a time, shake nuggets to remove excess egg and coat with flour. Evenly lay on the baking sheet.
Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine broth, cornstarch, syrup, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. Whisk until cornstarch has dissolved.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir broth mixture until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat, add chicken, and toss to coat. Serve topped with sesame seeds and scallions!
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 4 g
- Sodium: 859 mg
- Carbs: 26.5 g
- Fiber: 25 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 38 g