- 1 cup dry whole wheat couscous
- 8 oz. raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro sprigs, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
- Place shrimp in a large saucepan. Cover with hot water; cook, over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and firm. Drain and chill shrimp in ice water. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro, and coriander in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add shrimp; toss gently to blend. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place couscous evenly on four plates and top with shrimp mixture.
(per serving, ¼ recipe)
- Calories: 261
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg
- Sodium: 342 mg
- Carbohydrate: 42 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 19 g