Skip to Content
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin, divided use
- ½ tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 lb. raw medium shrimp, cleaned, deveined
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. finely chopped lime peel
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas (or 6-inch whole wheat tortillas), warm
- 1 cup shredded red and green cabbage
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish; optional)
- Fresh lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
- Combine oil, garlic, ½ tsp. cumin, chili powder, and shrimp in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt, remaining ¼ tsp. cumin, lime peel, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque.
- Top each tortilla evenly with cabbage, tomato, shrimp, and avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime if desired; drizzle each taco with a small spoonful of yogurt mixture.
(per serving, 1/4 recipe, 2 tacos)
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 143 mg
- Sodium: 687 mg
- Carbohydrate: 33 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g
Recipe Card powered by