- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can green chillies
- 1lb. lean ground beef (93% lean)
- ¼ cup black olives
- ¼ cup jalapeño peppers
- ¼ cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese
- 1 ¼ ounce taco seasoning packet (look for 40% less sodium)
- optional: reduced fat sour cream and diced avocado
- Over low heat, add in diced green chilies, taco seasoning, and ¼ cup water to meat and stir.
- Remove from heat and let meat stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeño peppers and black olives. Toss to mix lightly.
- To serve, add ¼ of salad mixture in a bowl.
- Top salad with ¼ meat mixture.
- Sprinkle each taco salad with cheese and add optional toppings including reduced fat sour cream and diced avocados.
Makes 4 servings