- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast, lean, all fat removed
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 – 3 tbsp Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (I used mild)
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
For the Caribbean salsa:
- 1 haas avocado, diced
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Using a sharp knife, cut slits into the pork and stuff holes with half of the crushed garlic. Combine the remaining garlic, jerk seasoning, and salt, rub all over pork (you may want to wear gloves). Place in a large container, pour the lime and orange juice over the pork; cover and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight, turning pork occasionally so the marinade covers all of pork.
The next morning, put everything in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 9 hours.
After 9 hours, remove pork and shred using two forks.
Remove liquid from crockpot and reserve. Add shredded pork back to the slow cooker. Add about 1 cup of the liquid back into the crockpot and taste for salt and pepper. Let it cook an additional 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the Caribbean salsa: combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper. refrigerate salsa until ready to serve.
Makes 30 oz cooked pork, 3 1/3 cups salsa.
Servings: 10 • Size: 3 oz pork, 1/3 cup salsa
Calories: 265 • Fat: 15 g • Protein: 21.4 g • Carb: 11.5 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 7.5 g • Sodium: 468.4 mg (without salt)