- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into ½-inch rounds, cut into ¾-inch strips (about 1½ lbs.)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. chili oil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine eggplant and salt in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend. Let eggplant rest for 30 to 45 minutes.
- While eggplant rests, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, chili oil, and red pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Brush eggplant slices with oil mixture.
- Place eggplant on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake, for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until golden.
- Garnish with green onions; serve immediately.
(per serving, ¼ recipe)
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Carbohydrate: 11 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Protein: 2 g