- 2 ounces whole grain spaghetti
- 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces red onion
- 1 1/4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup fresh zucchini
- 1/4 pound red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low sugar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 head
- 2 cups broccoli
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and garlic – saute for 3-5 minutes, until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the broccoli, zucchini, oregano, crushed red pepper, and salt/pepper to taste. Cook for 5-10 minutes until all of the vegetables have cooked through.
- Heat the spaghetti sauce in a small pot over low heat. Add the diced red bell peppers to the sauce, simmer for 10 minutes.
- To serve: take 2 oz of the whole wheat spaghetti and top with the sauce, vegetable mixture, and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese.