- 3 large egg whites
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup sweet white corn kernels
- ½ oz. shredded smoked gouda cheese (2 Tbsp.)
- Place egg whites in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add corn; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm. Remove from pan. Keep warm.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg whites. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost set add spinach mixture and cheese. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Gently fold in half.
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
- Sodium: 615 mg
- Carbs: 20 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 19 g