- ¾ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup flax seed
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts (or almonds)
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ cup psyllium seed husks (or 3 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder)
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1½ cups water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seed, hazelnuts, oats, chia seeds, psyllium seed husks, and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine maple syrup, oil, and water in a large bowl; whisk to blend.
- Add sunflower seed mixture to maple syrup mixture; mix well. If dough is too stiff add 1 to 2 tsp. additional water.
- Place dough in 9 x 5-inch loaf pan lightly coated with spray. Smooth with the top of a spoon. Let dough sit, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and place upside down on rack for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Cool completely; when cool, cut into 12 slices.
- Store, tightly sealed, for up to 5 days, or store in freezer.
(per serving, 1/12 recipe)
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 195 mg
- Carbohydrate: 16 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g