- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper (to taste; optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and gently boil for 15 minutes.
- Place soup and lemon pepper (if desired) in a blender (or food processor); in 2 or more batches, if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel, blend until smooth.
- Portion into 4 serving bowls.
(per serving, ¼ recipe, 1 cup)
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 127 mg
- Carbohydrate: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g