Skip to Content
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry wild rice
- ½ cup dry long-grain brown rice
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (like button, crimini, or portobello)
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 6 oz. cooked turkey breast, cut into 1-inch strips (or chicken tenders)
- ½ cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- Cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (for garnish; optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, wild rice, and brown rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
- Add mushrooms, soy sauce, and pepper (if desired); cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release liquid.
- Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and gently boil for 40 minutes.
- Add broccoli and turkey, stir; gently boil for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add cayenne if desired.
- Portion into 3 serving bowls; garnish with parsley if desired.
Recipe Card powered by