- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered, and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves removed and chopped, stem discarded
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, zucchini, chickpeas, rosemary, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
(per serving, 1/5 recipe, 1 1/2 cup)
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 338 mg
- Carbohydrate: 22 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Protein: 5 g