- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs, chopped (for garnish; optional)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add arrowroot; mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly add water; whisking constantly to blend. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
(per serving, 1/13 recipe, 3 Tbsp.)
- Calories: 27
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 56 mg
- Carbohydrate: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g